Luke Rollason isn't dead but he'd like to give you some free money.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
This is a bursary for anyone creating alternative comedy (ie, not traditional stand-up) whose background or identity is underrepresented in this genre. You could be an individual or a group, you could be a clown, drag artist, poet, musical comedian or something that totally defies description.
- You have a registration in progress to perform at the Brighton Fringe 2022.
- If you are not registering in the Comedy section of the brochure, please demonstrate that your work is sufficiently comedy-adjacent.
- Must be able to demonstrate that your work incorporates elements other than traditional stand-up.
- Must identify as a member of a community underrepresented within the comedy industry, including (but not limited to): Global Majority ethnicity groups, d/Deaf or disabled, neurodiverse, LGBTQ+ and/or working class.
- We will pay the fee for your Brighton Fringe registration. For those already registered, we will reimburse.
- A day's free rehearsal space at the OSO Arts Centre
- £75 towards print / other marketing costs.
- Personal mentoring session with some Brighton Fringe veterans (if you want it).
- Programming at a festival planned for Spring 2022 in Barnes (TBC).
- Luke will buy you crisps and/or fizzy drinks.
- We will talk about your show at every possible opportunity.
Please fill in this application form by 5pm, Friday 14 January 2022. Video and audio applications are also accepted – please send a link to these in the form when requested.
Please complete the application form here. APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The successful applicant will be selected by a panel of nice people in comedy industry, cross-medium, but all with an interest in alternative comedy.
Applications open: 12th October 2021
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Friday 14 January 2022
The winner will be informed: Friday 21st January latest. Unsuccessful applicants will also be contacted by this date.
If you have any questions, or would like to speak to a member of the team about your application or access needs, then please do feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org