Luke Rollason isn't dead but he'd like to give you some free money.
This is a bursary for anyone creating alternative comedy (ie, not traditional stand-up) whose background or identity is underrepresented in this genre. You could be an individual or a group, you could be a clown, drag artist, poet, musical comedian or something that totally defies description.
- You must be registered to perform at the Brighton Fringe 2022.
- If you are not registered in the Comedy section of the brochure, please demonstrate that your work is sufficiently comedy-adjacent.
- Must be able to demonstrate that your work incorporates elements other than traditional stand-up.
- Must identify as a member of a community underrepresented within the comedy industry, including (but not limited to): Global Majority ethnicity groups, d/Deaf or disabled, neurodiverse, LGBTQ+ and/or working class.
- We will reimburse you the fee for your Brighton Fringe registration.
- A day's free rehearsal space at the OSO Arts Centre
- £75 towards print / other marketing costs.
- Personal mentoring session with some Brighton Fringe veterans (if you want it).
- Programming at a festival planned for Spring 2022 in Barnes (TBC).
- Luke will buy you crisps and/or fizzy drinks.
- We will talk about your show at every possible opportunity.
Please fill in this application form by 5pm 10th February 2022. Video and audio applications are also accepted – please send a link to these in the form when requested.
Please complete the application form here.
The successful applicant will be selected by a panel of nice people in comedy industry, cross-medium, but all with an interest in alternative comedy.
Applications open: 12th October 2021
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 10th February 2022
The winner will be announced: 16th February 2022. Unsuccessful applicants will also be contacted by this date. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide any feedback.
If you have any questions, or would like to speak to a member of the team about your application or access needs, then please do feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org