urbanflo creative in conjunction with Brighton Fringe are very pleased to announce the ‘Irene Mensah Artist Bursary’ in honour of our dear friend and colleague who sadly passed away in 2013. Applications are invited for this very special award, which will be available for community artists based in Brighton & Hove who are participating in Brighton Fringe 2021.
An individual artist or artist collective will have their Brighton Fringe 2021 registration fee paid.
In order to be considered for the bursary, you must first have a project in development and confirm your venue for Brighton Fringe 2021 - you will be asked to provide proof of this. You will also need to meet the following criteria for African & Asian Art Forms, Urban Art Forms, Spoken Word, Physical Theatre or Visual Art.
All applicants must;
- Be based in Brighton & Hove
- Be fully committed to cultural diversity and social inclusion in the arts
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of artistic engagement with marginalised and/or vulnerable people, eg people discriminated against on the grounds of their skin colour, where they live, their physical or sensory ability or their economic status etc.
Applications open: Monday 14 December 2020
Application deadline: Monday 1 March 2021
The bursary winner will be selected by a panel of professional artists and producers and announced on Monday 8 March 2021.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
- The Art of Migration by SEAS Socially Engaged Art Salon
- 12 Moon Swims with Brighton's Salty Seabirds by Coral Evans