urbanflo creative in conjunction with Brighton Fringe are very pleased to announce the ‘Irene Mensah Artist Bursary’ in honour of our dear friend and colleague who sadly passed away in 2013. Applications are invited for this very special award, which will be available for community artists based in Brighton & Hove who are participating in Brighton Fringe 2020.
An individual artist or artist collective will have their Brighton Fringe 2020 registration fee paid.
In order to be considered for the bursary, you must first have a project in development and confirm your venue for Brighton Fringe 2020 - you will be asked to provide proof of this. You will also need to meet the following criteria for African & Asian Art Forms, Urban Art Forms, Spoken Word, Physical Theatre or Visual Art.
All applicants must be:
- Based in Brighton & Hove
- Fully committed to cultural diversity and social inclusion in the arts
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of artistic engagement with marginalised and/or vulnerable people, eg BME/BAME communities, refugees, deprived neighbourhoods etc
The bursary winner will be selected by a panel of professional artists and producers from urbanflo. The schedule is as follows:
- Applications open: 14 October 2019
- Deadline for applications: 5pm on 26 November 2019
- Bursary winner announced: 3 December 2019
How to Apply?
Suchitra Chatterjee - Son of An African