1. Tickets are issued subject to the Rules and Regulations of the venue, event organiser and promoter as well as Brighton Fringe Ltd. Purchase of any ticket(s) constitutes acceptance of these. Full details are available on request.
2. Please check your Ticket immediately after purchase as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
3A: Autumn Season/Covid-19 Refund Policy
Up until the start time of the performance, if you or a member of your party/bubble are suffering from or displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please notify us as soon as possible, and we will be able to offer a full refund. In line with our regular terms and conditions, any handling charges for these tickets will not be refunded.
If an event needs to be abandoned due to a suspected case of COVID-19 in the audience, or cast and crew, we will offer retrospective ticket refunds where applicable.
It is at the discretion of venue managers and companies to refuse a customer admission if they display suspected Covid-19 symptoms (such as a high temperature taken at the venue). Brighton Fringe will offer refunds on a case by case basis, once notified by the venue or company, or by a customer and confirmed by the venue or company.
In no other case will retrospective ticket refunds be considered.
4. The handling charge or booking fee for purchasing tickets is a service fee for use of the Brighton Fringe Box Office and cannot be refunded in any circumstance, except at the sole discretion of Brighton Fringe Ltd.
5. Tickets can only be exchanged after purchase at the discretion of Brighton Fringe Box Office, and will incur an administration charge for doing so. Tickets cannot be exchanged less than 48 hours before a performance. We regret that the administration charge for this service cannot be refunded, even in the event of cancellation.
6. Brighton Fringe Box Office will not re-print tickets under any circumstances. In the event of Tickets sent by post not reaching their destination, Brighton Fringe Ltd will provide a proof of purchase statement for verification by event promoter/organisers on the door.
7. Fees for posting of tickets are a separate service charge and Brighton Fringe Ltd regrets to say that they cannot be refunded in any circumstance, including non-receipt of items and in the event of show cancellation.
8. Brighton Fringe Ltd cannot be held responsible for any lost or stolen tickets. Brighton Fringe Ltd reserves the right to cancel any ticket bookings which it reasonably suspects to have been made fraudulently.
9. Eligibility for the standard Concession price ticket available is limited to Students, Senior Citizens (over 60’s), Under-16’s, D/deaf and disabled people, those registered as being on State Benefits, and Equity members. Proof of status must be supplied at the point of purchase and/or collecting of tickets, and eligibility for Concession price is at the sole discretion of Brighton Fringe Ltd. Brighton Fringe Ltd and the event promoter/organiser reserve the right to refuse admittance, or charge the difference in price, if valid proof of status is not shown on demand.
10. Brighton Fringe Box Office will offer, where possible, one complementary ‘Personal Assistant ticket’ for the companion of customers who require assistance to attend an event, when a ticket has been purchased for the customer requiring assistance. Brighton Fringe Ltd will be able to do so only where authorisation has been given by the event promoter/organiser. Brighton Fringe Ltd encourages all event promoters/organisers to provide this ticket offer, but cannot enforce this offer if an event promoter/organiser does not consent. ‘Personal Assistant tickets’ cannot be purchased individually.
11. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, Brighton Fringe Ltd will use reasonable means to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant authorisation from the event promoter/organiser. Please note that we cannot guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation in advance of an event.
12. Tickets are sold subject to the management’s right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
13. Purchase of a Ticket does not over-ride the Venue Management’s right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue or the event promoter/organiser. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of patrons attending events.
14. Unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at events is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and patron’s own food and drink may also be prohibited, though this is at the ultimate discretion of the venue.
15. Ticket holders consent as members of a live audience to any officially sanctioned filming and/or sound recording that may be taking place at the venue or during the event.
16. The event promoter/organiser, venue Management and Brighton Fringe Ltd accept no responsibility whatsoever for the loss or damage of any personal property.
17. Purchase of a Ticket gives the ticket-holder a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and the venue Management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket.
18. The ticket-holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the event. Brighton Fringe Ltd is not responsible for any non-compliance and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
19. Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. Brighton Fringe Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased in excess of this number.
20. Brighton Fringe Ltd reserves the right to recover any difference in price that may occur in the event of a discrepancy between a price listed by Brighton Fringe and that charged by the event promoter/organiser. In the case of a refusal to pay the difference, Brighton Fringe Ltd reserves the right to cancel any such booking whereby the monies paid do not cover the actual price.
21. Please note that for tickets purchased to performances suitable only for persons aged 18 and over, any ticket-holder unable to present valid identification may not be admitted to the event. Brighton Fringe Ltd is not responsible for verifying the age of attendees and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
22. Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. Some performances may contain no suitable breaks. Admittance is at the final discretion of the event promoter and venue management. Brighton Fringe Ltd is not responsible for identifying which performances do not admit latecomers and will not refund tickets in the case of non-admittance.
23. Breach of the above terms and conditions, or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury to other persons shall enable the venue management or event promoter/organiser to eject ticket-holders from the venue. Their decision is final, and Brighton Fringe Ltd will not refund tickets in the case of ejection/non-admittance.
24. After an event has taken place, the refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the event promoter/organiser, regardless of attendance or not.
25. Once an event has been attended, any refund or exchange of Tickets is at the sole discretion of the event promoter/organiser. Whilst Brighton Fringe, as ticket agents, will pass on any complaints to the event promoter/organiser, Brighton Fringe is unable to compel them to act and any further correspondance should be directed to them.
26. Brighton Fringe Ltd, acting as an agent on behalf of the event promoter/organiser, under no circumstance accepts responsibility for the content or quality of any events.
27. As a time-limited purchase, customers should be aware that purchases of event tickets are exempt from the Consumer Contract Regulations. Brighton Fringe Ltd will endeavor to exchange tickets to another event where ever possible. In such circumstances Brighton Fringe’s usual administrative exchange fees will apply.
28. Brighton Fringe Ltd on occasion may offer a Credit Note for future services in lieu of a refund. This is valid for specified period, which is entirely at the discretion of Brighton Fringe Ltd, and only for use by the designated beneficent. Once any such issued Credit Notes have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Brighton Fringe Ltd.
29. Brighton Fringe Ltd offers Gift Vouchers for future services in return for payment of a corresponding value. Vouchers are issued solely by Brighton Fringe for a specified period, the length of which is entirely at the discretion of Brighton Fringe Ltd. Once any such issued Gift Vouchers have passed the stated expiry date, the value of any unused credit remaining shall revert to Brighton Fringe Ltd.
30. Subscribing to the Friends of Brighton Fringe membership scheme in no way gives the member voting rights or any other say in regard to the structure or constitution of the charitable organisation known as Brighton Fringe Ltd.
31. Memberships, once purchased or renewed, are non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances, and at the sole discretion of Brighton Fringe Ltd.
32. Brighton Fringe is not responsible for the provision of offers by its partners; the offering or otherwise of all discounts and price reductions is solely at the discretion of participating organisations.
33. It is the responsibility of individual membership holders to check the validity of all external offers before attempting discounted purchases. Brighton Fringe Ltd is not responsible for the acceptance or otherwise of the membership cards by any third-party provider.
34. Brighton Fringe will endeavour to explain the benefits of membership through its online and print content, as well as through it customer service representatives. It is the responsibility of potential members to clarify the terms before purchasing their membership. Brighton Fringe Ltd is not liable for any misunderstanding of the benefits advertised as being available, and will not refund any membership fees in the event that these benefits have been misunderstood.
35. Brighton Fringe reserves the right to alter the benefits available as part its membership scheme(s) as required, and in line with circumstances. Although Brighton Fringe Ltd will undertake to provide all promised benefits as advertised, there may be occasion when it is beyond Brighton Fringe’s control to provide all of the benefits advertised, or for the full duration a member’s term. In such circumstances Brighton Fringe will not be liable to compensate any members of the relevant scheme for any benefits promised and not received.
36. All donations made through Brighton Fringe’s website, www.brightonfringe.org or any subsidiary operating under it, as well as those made over the telephone or in person, are understood to be made to Brighton Fringe Ltd, and once made any monies given are not returnable in any circumstance.
37. All merchandise is sold subject to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
38. Please contact Brighton Fringe Ltd, in writing, within 14 days of receipt of goods, if you wish to take up your statutory right to cancel your purchase of merchandise bought online or over the telephone.
39. This does not affect your statutory rights to return faulty goods for a full refund, up to 30 days after receipt, or up to 6 months after receipt, if, and only if, faulty goods cannot be repaired or replaced.
40. In the event of the return of any merchandise, for whatever reason, Brighton Fringe Ltd will not be liable for the return cost of postage for said items.
42. All time periods quoted will be extended to the next working day if they end on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday. This includes all cancellation periods and the time limits for returning goods, providing refunds, etc.
43. Brighton Fringe Ltd reserves the right to contact the customer, regardless of whether they have opted-in to receive marketing communications, for the purposes of administrating their booking/purchase. Such reasons shall include, though not be limited to, cancellation of shows, reminders of purchases, update of performance status, advise on ticketing availability. Brighton Fringe Ltd shall endeavour not to contact the customer unduly.