Visa information | Brighton Fringe


How to take part in Brighton Fringe
Lolo Brow by Ayla Carli


EU, EEA and Swiss Nationals will be non-visa nationals from 1 January 2021. Please see below for requirements for non-visa nationals.



If you are a Visa National, you will need to obtain a visa before travelling to the UK. The type of visa you should apply for is a STANDARD VISITOR VISA.

This applies if you are a citizen of one of the following countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, People's Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (North), Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome e Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe


Any country not listed above including citizens of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA do not need to apply for a visa before travelling to Brighton Fringe.

Non-visa nationals should seek entry at the border as a Standard Visitor and will need supporting documents. This is different to applying for a Standard Visitor Visa, which needs to be done in advance.

Details on supporting documents can be found here:

In addition, we would recommend that performers should have an invitation letter confirming their scheduled performance at the Permit Free Festival. Brighton Fringe can provide a supporting letter confirming your participation in the festival.

How and where do I apply for my visa?

The application for a Standard Visitor Visa can be made at any UK visa application centre or online. Further details can be found here:

A Standard Visitor visa costs £95.

If your country does not have the online application facility, please complete a Visa Application Form. This needs to be signed and presented in person at a Visa Application Centre.


All visa applications will require you to attend your local Visa Application Centre (VAC) to submit your biometric details (10 digit finger print scans and a digital photograph) as part of your application process. Your application cannot be assessed until these details have been submitted.

How long will it take to process my visa?

You can apply for a visa up to three months before you travel and you should allow weeks rather than days for the process to be completed. You will need to submit your passport as part of the visa application process.

To find out processing times for the country that you are applying from, please visit:

What documents will I need to support my application?

When you fill in your visa application form either online or on paper, it will outline exactly what supporting documentation you will need, including passports, evidence of funds, photographs & proof of booked accommodation for your stay.

You will also need a letter of invitation and you should contact your venue to obtain this welcome letter. Please send an e-mail to [javascript protected email address] if you need help with this. The letter of invitation from your venue should state that you are performing with them as part of Brighton Fringe and should include the following information:

  • Show name
  • Company name and address
  • Venue name and address in which you are performing
  • Dates and times of Brighton Fringe performances
  • Names, dates of birth and passport numbers of performers and production team who will be attending Brighton Fringe
  • Main contact details while you are in the UK

To support your visa application, you may also want to present your venue contract which confirms that you are booked to perform.

Brighton Fringe can also provide a letter confirming that you are registered with Brighton Fringe.

For individual advice you should contact your local UK embassy or consulate or an immigration lawyer.