Brighton Fringe Ltd is excited to announce the launch of our new ‘pop up’ festival venue ‘Caravanserai’ as part of the festival this May. Within Caravanserai there will be two performance spaces: the main house, a 220-seater - 300-standing big top theatre with aerial rig to cater for the larger touring shows, live music and club nights (Luna Parc), and a 50-seater black box theatre for the smaller performances that require a more intimate space (Junk Poet). Brighton Fringe is looking for a highly motivated, confident individual for the position of Lighting Technician to help with the day-to-day running and scheduling of the big top Luna Parc Theatre.
Luna Parc Big Top Theatre – Lighting Technician Role | JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Production/Site Manager and Venue Producer
Location: Caravanserai Festival site - North of St Peter’s Church,
Brighton, BN2 9NA
Fee: £700 p/w
Duration: 2nd May– 6th June (5 weeks)
• Assisting with the installation of the lighting system.
• Working with the Luna Parc Stage management and Sound
technicians to deliver technical requirements for visiting companies.
• Working with your counterpart in leading all lighting requirements for the venue.
• Supporting visiting companies in their lighting requirements for all technical rehearsals. This may include venue orientation from a lighting aspect, programming, editing and adjusting an existing lighting file, and supporting the visiting company technician.
• Operating shows for various companies in a multi-medium spectrum of shows.
• Maintaining lighting systems and keeping the venue operating in a tidy and workable state.
• Handle LX requirements in turnarounds between shows and assist in other turnaround responsibilities.
• Keeping on top of all venue consumables – liaising with Site Manager when additional consumables need ordering.
• Supporting other technical staff on the team in other venues if needed.
• Flexibility in supporting the site and other venues when required.
Please email a copy of your CV by Monday 27 March 2023 to Molly Furnival-Doran [email protected]
Download full job description.
We want to ensure that we always recruit, nurture and promote a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the communities we serve. This gives us great opportunities to access the broadest range of ideas and to serve our diverse communities properly and effectively. Brighton Fringe is a company limited by guarantee and registered with the charity commission. We are an equal opportunities employer.