Before the festival begins, we strongly encourage you to visit your venue, meet your venue manager and discuss all the technical requirements that you need before your event begins.
However this isn’t always possible, such as if your venue won’t be built until the start of the festival!
Below is a suggested list of actions to follow:
- Confirm the time and dates of your event with the venue
- Make sure you know what facilities your venue has to offer
- Does your venue have the correct licenses to facilitate your event?
- Will the venue run its own box office and venue stewarding for your event?
- Can the venue provide marketing for your event?
- Does your venue have adequate rehearsal space? (if required)
- Know the time scale for your venue get -ins and get-outs
- What other facilities will you need? Check with your venue
- Obtain a written contract from your venue
- Make sure you have swapped correct contact details and that you have a go-to person in the venue, should you require it