WHAT TO DO & WHEN
- Explore the Brighton Fringe website and the Participants information pages
- Put a preliminary budget together – use our budget guide
- Research sponsorship and funding opportunities - Funding page
- Keep an eye out for bursary announcements on our Bursaries page
- Start to research venues using the Brighton Fringe online Venue Browser
- If your work is under copyright, make sure you have made contact with the rights owner
- Begin work on the copy to submit for your event registration
- Keep researching suitable venues and make contact with them
- Event registration opens 8 October 2018, you can now start filling out our online registration form through Eventotron
- Come to our Registration Launch event! Invites will be sent to all participants on our mailing list and on social media
- Check the Fringe Academy page on our website for details of upcoming workshops.
- If coming from overseas, start visa applications and begin entry requirements for the UK
- Start to plan your publicity, marketing and crowdfunding campaigns
- Attend Brighton Fringe Academy workshops and look out for future ones
- Read the Brighton Fringe guide to selling your event
- Start looking for accommodation to cover your stay at the festival – book early for the best rates. Download our digs list.
- Confirm performance dates and times with your venue (this is not always possible at this stage if you have chosen to go to a larger programming venue or promoter)
- Finalise your registration by December 7 2018 to qualify for our Early Bird discount registration.
- Events that are going to larger programming venues such as The Warren, Brighton Spiegeltent or Sweet Venues do not need to worry about making the Early Bird deadline, you will still get a discount on your registration fee up to the January deadline and your venue will take care of everything.
- Events with confirmed dates and times that are able to be registered in time for the Early Bird deadline will go on sale in mid-December
- If from overseas, complete the relevant FEU tax form as soon as possible - use our FEU and Overseas Participants guides for help
- Keep checking your inbox for participant emails from Brighton Fringe, and contact us if you are not receiving these
- Deadline for registration closes 12 noon GMT 18 January 2019 - this is also the final deadline for copy and image changes to your brochure listing
- Ensure Brighton Fringe have your correct bank details for the final settlement
- Brighton Fringe Box Office opens to Friends of Brighton Fringe – online and phone sales, mid-February
- Apply to perform on one of our Fringe City stages
- Check your ticket sales, use our handy Box Office guides
- Keep reading our participant guides and participant emails for information
- Brighton Fringe brochure is launched 1st week of March
- Brighton Fringe Box Office opens to general public – online and phone sales
- Promote your show online – set up social media sites
- Keep in contact with your venue manager
- Produce flyers, posters and campaign material for your event, include the Brighton Fringe logo!
- Make any event changes online if necessary (or your venue may do this for you)
- Download Media and Arts Industry contact lists through Eventotron
- Consider making an Arts Industry pack to hand out to visiting professionals; include details of your touring specs and who to contact to book your show
- Brighton Fringe Box Office opens for counter sales in late March
- Start to distribute your event promotion material
- Visit your venue and check tech set-up, if possible
- Check your ticket sales – contact our Box Office if you need advice on this.
- Send your press release to journalists, reviewers and Arts Industry Professionals, and invite them to your event
- Complete the music section for your event in Eventotron for PRS
- Flyer for free from late April
- Put on your event!
- Visit Participant Services at our Hub to collect your participant pass for lots of food, drink and ticket discounts!
- Attend Brighton Fringe workshops and events
- Fringe City – perform, flyer and dress up
- Invite journalists to your show, circulate your reviews
- Think about ticket offers e.g. 2-for-1, contact our Box Office to set up an offer
- Flyer for your show
- Deadline for completing your event music section in Eventotron is 2 June 2019
- Complete the Participant survey and give us your feedback on Brighton Fringe
- Let us know if you are taking your event on to other festivals
- Brighton Fringe start to pay out settlements within six weeks of the festival ending. Find out more about Box Office Settlements here