The University of Brighton is supporting D/deaf, disabled and neuro-diverse artists at Brighton Fringe by offering a free registration, rehearsal space and venue for an event as part of the Brighton Fringe Freedom Season 2020.
The University of Brighton will offer the successful applicant a bursary worth over £1000 which will include:
- Brighton Fringe 2020 registration paid for by the University of Brighton
- Free rehearsal space at the University of Brighton when available
- Free venue hire of the Sallis Benney Theatre, including staffing, on 2 May 2020
- Inclusion in all marketing as part of the Brighton Fringe Freedom Season 2020
- At least 25% of the company must identify as D/deaf, disabled or neuro-diverse
- The theme of the event must be in line with the core values of the University of Brighton: inclusivity, sustainability, creativity, partnership
- While the company may have performed at Brighton Fringe previously, this should be a new show
- Must be available to perform their show on Saturday 2 May 2020 at the Sallis Benney Theatre
How to Apply?
Applications Open: 2 December 2019
Application Deadline: 17:00 on 16 December 2019
Winners Announced: 20 December 2019