Junkyard Dogs have had two amazing years involved with Brighton Fringe, winning the Audience Choice Award for Best Venue in both 2017 and 2018, and are excited to start making plans for their third! This year they had 105 shows on over the festival, from stand-up comedy, to sketch shows, clowning and small-scale theatre productions, as well as running a vibrant café and bar throughout the five weeks. This is an intimate, versatile space, and the owners are inviting applicants who are creating theatre, new writing and performance art which would suit such a room.
We are delighted to announce that this year's winner of the Brighton Fringe Award for Excellence in association with Junkyard Dogs is 'Thrown by Jodi Gray'!
And many congratulations to our shortlisted shows:
- 30 Days of Blood – Theatre Peregrine
- Achilles – Company of Wolves
- Bitches in the Ford KA – Cold Dinner Theatre
- Bottom – Willy Hudson
- Everything Not Saved – Malaprop Theatre
- The Half Moon Shania – Burnt Lemon Theatre
- Huff – Cunning Concepts & Creations
- Laura – Elina Alminas
- Really Want to Hurt Me – Flaming Theatre
- The Search for a Black-Browed Albatross – The Backpack Ensemble
- What I Talk About When I Talk About Running - Det Andre Teatret