1. What is Brighton Fringe?
Brighton Fringe is England’s largest arts festival and one of the largest fringe festivals in the world. The next Brighton Fringe will take place from 4 May – 3 June 2018. It’s completely open access which means all you have to do is register before 19 January 2018 and your event will be included in the official programme.
2. What do I get for my money?
A lot of people ask, and it’s a fair question!
Firstly, your event will be listed in the Brighton Fringe brochure, on the website and on the app. 100,000 copies of the brochure are distributed through Brighton & Hove, Sussex and London, over 4000 people download the app and the website sees over 1.7M page views per year. Talk about visibility!
Tickets to your event are then sold through the Brighton Fringe Box Office, which include the online box office, a dedicated phone line, a brilliant app and in-person at multiple locations from late February / early March. Last year our box office sold over 249k tickets. Just sayin’.
Event listings and ticket sales are the core services offered to participants, but after registering with Brighton Fringe, we also provide tailored participant events and services throughout the year including Fringe Academy workshops, industry networking events, access to marketing resources and legal and financial advice.
3. How do I register?
Good news, 2018 event registrations are now open! But before you start registering your event through Eventotron, check out our useful guides below:
- Participants info pack
- Step-by-step guide on how to register
- Guides for Overseas Participants
- Registration closes on 19 January 2018.
4. What funding is available?
We realise that putting on an event can be expensive, so we work with funding partners who offer free registrations or pots of money to support participants. All of the funding opportunities for 2018 can be found on our funding page. We also offer budgeting, crowdfunding, arts grants and sponsorship workshops as part of the Fringe Academy series.
5. How can I attract arts industry and reviewers to attend my event?
- Apply for the WINDOW arts industry showcase
- Create a press release using our template and prepare high quality images to provide for publication
- Once you’ve registered, you can access our Press List of key industry contacts
- Attend industry networking events and upcoming Fringe Academy workshops for more advice